Events & Type Classes
For those who aim to level up their typographic skill and knowledge OSNS offers hands on classes in lettering, history of typography, typeface design, and calligraphy.
As you delve under the bonnet of this human activity called writing it's about thinking with your hands instead of your head, immersed in the nuts and bolts of word and letter components is fascinating.
Discovering how to construct custom type and lettering from the ground up via tools and the history of writing provides intrinsic understanding of the architecture of letterforms. This understanding provides steadfast confidence to not only break the rules, but break them well!
and it's all logical...
Classes & Events
- Sat, 20 Nov20 Nov 2021, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm AEDTIt is possible to undo old habits and bad teaching to start again via a hands on exploration of “Simple Modern Hand” writing style. You will be amazed how quickly you can learn to write script (cursive) that looks stunning, and unlike copperplate, is clear legible, and fast and comfortable
- Sat, 04 May04 May 2019, 10:00 am – 3:00 pmUnderstanding the Roman Imperial Quadrata is essential grammar for letterers, type designers, and calligraphers. This immersive is a must. You will look at all type lettering and calligraphy differently after a day immersed in what could be argued as the first typeface of history.
- Sat, 01 Dec01 Dec 2018, 10:00 am – 5:00 pmIf you are curious about Professional Type Design, and keen to get started creating your own Custom Display Typeface to use exclusively on your own projects or for special clients, this one-day introduction class is the place to start.
- Sun, 04 Nov04 Nov 2018, 7:00 pm – 11:00 pmThanks to brilliant and affordable font design software Glyphs, designers now have control not just over page layout, but also the ability to work efficiently and quickly with the shape of letterforms with a proficiency that was unimaginable 15 years ago.
- Sat, 20 Oct20 Oct 2018, 10:00 am – 4:00 pmPerfect for beginners, this class equips you with the essential skills to understand and create typography with flair and meaning. The demand for authentic, analog custom lettering over fonts plucked from the computer is growing, providing instant brand recognition.